Friday 27 January 2012

You Tasty Little Devil

I have danced with the devil
Oh my, how he moves!
He don't stop for no one
There is fire in his shoes
We danced all the way to Heaven
I didn't have a clue
That he'd let go, I'd fall from grace
Left stranded here in this burning lake

I found comfort in the devil
He took my pain away from me
He'd pop round with Mrs. Brown
They made me feel at ease
It made my life worth living
But it was slowly killing me
They drew me in then they strung me out
Nobody wants to know you when your down and out

People walk on by
Nobody hears me cry
That same old look in their eyes
Contempt or fear

I still think of that devil
Though he turned my life upside down
Still I yearn for just one more yarn
With Mrs. Brown
"Look at what you've become"
Yeah, life is too precious now
I'm far to young to be going to heaven
There'll be no more dancing with the devil

Now people sometimes smile

No comments:

Post a Comment