Sunday 12 February 2012

Mrs. H

Remember that night we first met?
I was lost and lonely
You drew me in, kept me warm
You had eyes for me only
Everybody warned me to stay away
You convinced me we'd be ok
You stole my heart, took my pain away
Please stay, please stay.................

You took my hand, you guided me
We set sail for paradise
Leaving all that I knew behind
A trail of destruction and a pack of lies
Floating on that open sea
Just the two of us, the stuff of dreams
You kept me warm and held me tight
On those dark and lonely nights

The tide was high, fun for a while
We were riding the crest of a wave
It was peaceful out there on that ebb and flow
I really thought I had it made
But then the tide started to turn
My stomach began to churn
I wanted out and I let you know
But you just hold on tighter, you won't let go

Now I'm fighting to get back to shore
But you beg me to stay for more
"Ok I'll stay. Just one more night
All is dark now, I can't see the light
You sailed me off to paradise
Our love affair was oh so nice
Now that we can't get any higher
You've brought me to you're lake of fire

This boat is going down
But you don't worry, you're still safe
You sit back and watch me drown
In you're black and fiery lake......................


No comments:

Post a Comment